|Ann Templeton is proud to announce her new book , Color and Beyond. Unlike her
first book, The Art of Ann Templeton: A Step Beyond, which is a
collector’s item; Color and Beyond is a how-to-paint book, based on her
forty-year career as an acclaimed artist and teacher. However, it is also a
“step beyond,” going deeper into the art of color than is possible in her
workshop lectures, organizing her approach to painting an orderly set of
concepts and techniques.
Click Here to Order
Color and Beyond also includes photos of Ann painting in a
step-by-step instructional way and examples of art by well-known artists that
illustrate the points Ann makes in the book. It is also full of delightful
quotes of artists through the centuries.
The book’s outline:
- Why Paint?
- How Many Paintings till I’m Good?
- Art and the World Around Us
- Inspiration and the Moment
- Right and Left Brain Thinking?
- Some Painting Terminology
- Four Painting Styles:
- Abstract Expressionism
- Studying with Art Teachers
- The Concept of the “Three Bears” in Painting
- Are There Rules in Painting?
- Some Definitions
- The Three Properties of Color
- The Three Primary Colors and Gray
- Pigments and Color Composition
- Relationships to Think About
- Color and Temperature
- Value: dark and light
- A Note about Black
- Transparent vs. Opaque
- An Explosion of Color
- Recession and Aggression in Color
- Color Harmony
- Color and Design
- Playing Light
- Pushing Color
- What is Value?
- Value and Key
- Different Approaches to Value
- With Which Value Should I Begin?
- The Range of Values
- How Do I Maintain Proper Values?
- Holding Form with Value
- Half Tones
ABSTRACTION & NON-OBJECTIVE PAINTING
- Abstract, Non-Objective and Representational Art
- The Emotion of Painting
- Alla Prima and Abstraction
- Seeking Surprise
- Finding a Painting Style
- Techniques of Simplification
- The Impact of Drawing on Abstraction
PREPARING TO PAINT
- Selecting Easels
- Selecting Brushes
- Selecting Canvases
- Selecting Your Medium
- Laying Out the Palette
- Mixing Color
- The Use of Turpentine
- Protecting Paint on the Palette
- Cleaning Brushes
THE PAINTING PROCESS
- Your Conceptual Toolbox
- What Should I Paint?
- Ten Things to Think About Before Painting
- Doing the Lay-in
- Thin to Thick
- When is the Painting Finished?
- Applying the Signature
- Varnishing the Finished Painting
- The Business of Art
- Competitions, Awards & Prizes
- Art and Spirituality
- Keep Moving
$65 + shipping/handling
Here to Order
This book is available now. Click on
ORDER to find out how to
order the new book! Email
email@example.com or phone (575) 378-4262. If you call and miss
Ann, leave a message and be sure to include your name, phone number and
email so we can get back to you.